In addition to readying myself for my trip and contemplating packing, I have been able to spend quality time with family and friends. At the beginning of August I made a trip to Oklahoma to attend one of my best friend’s ordinations to the priesthood. Below is a picture of my seminary's contingent for the event.

It was wonderful to be present for such a landmark event. Directly after that I made my way to Florida to visit my aunt and Nana. One of the highlights of this trip was an adventurous day spent at the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios in Orlando. Below is a picture of me infront of the Hogwarts Express.

The park is every Harry Potter fan’s dream, aside from the 105 degree weather and hundreds of people that is! Braving the heat and the crowds is worth it though! Upon my return from Florida I have been able to spend quality time with my close friends and parents.
I leave for Cape Town on Wednesday! I am feeling excited, nervous, adventurous, stressed, sad, and joyful all at the same time. I arrive in Cape Town late on Thursday night and will be greeted by my hosts and fellow co-workers and already have plans to attend a braii (South African BBQ) on Saturday night! Continue to hold me in your prayers as I continue to hold you in mine. Looking forward to posting soon from Cape Town!
Amanda, even your "down" time sounds adventuresome!!
ReplyDeleteIt has been a privilege and honor getting to know you in seminary these past three years. I am praying that God will keep you safe on your journeys. No doubt, you will touch many lives along the way.
"Excited, nervous, adventurous, stressed, sad, and joyful all at the same time." Before we know it, your time in South Africa will be over, and you'll be returning to the States. It will be interesting to compare your list of feelings in a year!
God's speed, amiga!
Have a safe flight Amanda! Can't wait see your pictures and hear your stories. My prayers are with you!
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your new adventure! May you always be aware of God's presence around and within you as you go.
ReplyDelete1) I love that you wrote about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in your blog (I really want to go there someday).
ReplyDelete2) I had the exact same mix in my emotional blender in our final days stateside.